Pet Loss Resources
Losing a beloved dog is never easy, and for many of us the grief can seem unbearable. Here are some resources to help:
- Losing a Furry Friend
- Coping with the Death of Your Pet
- Understanding Grief After Loss of a Pet
- End of Life Care FAQ
Read ideas to commemorate your dog in Love to Last a Lifetime
- Losing a pet is incredibly difficult. With Lisa Havelin’s beautiful line of Pet Reliquaries memorial jewlery, you can keep a reminder of your beloved pup wherever you go. Her website also offers grief resources to help in coping with your loss.
- Create a beautiful, one-of-a-kind glass memorial (everything from pendants to paperweights) using a teaspoon of ash, hand-blown by CremationMarbles.com
- Create a living legacy with the help of Memorial Reefs International. Honor your beloved pet with a Memorial Reef containing your pet’s cremated remains to create a new life from loss. Includes a Keepsake Certificate, photo, and GPS coordinates of the memorial reef.
- Perfect Memorials has been providing personalized memorials for fur babies since 2001. They offer beautifully designed urns, memorial jewelry and customized memorials stones to commemorate fur babies as they so much deserve.
- Makin A Memory frame kits preserve photos and imprint impressions with clay. They house your photos and other keepsake items to preserve lasting memories.
- Using photos, stories, and memories for inspiration, Eldoop Design creates highly customized urns resulting in a cherished tribute to a life well loved.
- Remember your pet as they were in life with a customized urn from Spirit Remains that are hand made with love.
- Elgin Memorials uses photographs of your pet to create custom portraits that capture the enduring spirit of your departed loved one.
- Create a loving, living reminder of your dog with a BioUrn4Pets memorial from My Eternal Family Tree.
- Interweave a small amount of cremated remains into a unique Crystal Remembrance glass art memorial piece.
- Animal-friendly gifts and eCards from World Animal Protection are a beautiful way to give from the heart and celebrate the life of a cherished pet.
- Forever In My Heart Remembrance Jewelry can have the ashes of your loved ones laser-soldered into customizable handmade pendants.
- Tribute your pet with a Heart in Diamond wearable memorial diamond created specially from the the hair or cremation ashes of your pet.
- Have a beautiful and ethereal glass bead handmade by Ash Beads with the cremated ashes of your pet.
- Handmade, custom, ceramic sculptures, keepsakes and urns from Pawsterity Urns capture the essence of your dog with a sculptural portrait from your photos and stories.
- Babyfaces True-3D create custom gold or silver charms to memorialize your beloved pet.
- The Grief Recovery Handbook for Pet Loss, by Russel Friedman, Cole James, & John W. James
- Spirit Dogs, Heroes in Heaven, by Susan Kelleher; Illustrations by Rod Lawrence
- Spirit Dogs, Life Between Lives, by Susan Kelleher
- Spirit Dogs, Heroes Return, by Susan Kelleher
- Xelie’s Gift: A Story of Transformation and Inspiration from this Life to the Next, by Michele McGuire
- When Is Buddy Coming Home? Helping Children Understand the Death of a Pet by Gary Kurz
The Rainbow Bridge
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together…