How to Reduce Your Dog’s Ecological Footprint
7 easy things you can do right now
1. Make the switch once and for all to biodegradable dog poo bags. What are you waiting for? Check out bioDOGradable bags!
2. Order ecologically sound dog beds and other products like this bed made from recycled materials from P.L.A.Y.
3. Go natural — make your own natural flea spray and deodorizer. Goodbye chemicals! (If you arent DIY-inclined, check out the all-natural options from Midoricide like the Shampoo Bar and Repellant Spray.)
4. Eat locally. Search out a dog cookie company making and baking locally.
5. Banish the plastic bag. Buy a reusable canvas shopping bag for trips to the grocer and the pet food store. The Hairy Smiles Tote Bag from Beatrix & Midge Co. is an adorable office favourite!
6. Consider durability when purchasing dog toys. Better to buy one high-priced, puncture-proof toy than dozens of a cheaper variety that won¹t last past a few good play sessions. Check out this Modern Dog round-up of Super Chewer Tested & Approved durable toys.
7. Put away the plastic wrap and tin foil and instead cover that half-empty can of dog food with a reusable, snap-on plastic lid. We love the bright colours and lasting durability of the Dexas Flexible Suction Lid.