DIY EAT – Blueberry Pupsicles
Tantalize your dog—and yourself—with a fresh delight made for a hot summer’s day
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 2 cups plain organic yogurt
• 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
• 6-bar silicon rectangle muffin mold
1. Combine 1 cup yogurt and half of the blueberries in a blender to form a smoothie.
2. Pour smoothie mix into the 6-bar silicon rectangle muffin mold, dividing evenly. (You can use an alternative mould or popsicle tray if you prefer. If your dog is little, you might want to use an ice cube tray.) Top up each bar with spoonfuls of the remaining plain yogurt and whole blueberries to create a pretty, layered look.
3. Cover with foil and place in the freezer on a flat surface for 6 hours or until frozen solid.
4. Slide out each bar to serve. For easy removal, let the moulds sit out on the counter for a few minutes or run them under warm water for a few seconds.
HANDY HINT: Blueberries can be alternated with diced strawberries or raspberries for variation. To make a version for yourself, add 3 tablespoons sugar, honey or agave syrup and a dash of lemon juice to the recipe!