5 Easy Dog Treats
Indulge your dog’s sweet tooth with these healthy treats
Easy dog treats! Since chocolate is bad for dogs, here are some suggested ways to indulge your dog’s sweet tooth in a healthy manner
1. Yogurt. Add fresh yogurt to your dog’s meal or make it a cool summer treat by following these directions: Cut eight thin slices from a banana and place one into each reservoir in an ice cube tray. Mix 1/4 cup yogurt with 1/4 cup water, and spoon over the banana slices. Freeze overnight and you’ve got a great sweet treat for your dog (best if served outside or on tile floors!). Yogurt is a great source of protein and calcium.
2. Beets. Add a small amount of grated raw beets to your dog’s food. Beets are a good source of folate, manganese, and potassium, and are rich in flavonoids. Just be careful— these brightly coloured vegetables can be messy!
3. Blueberries. Perfect as a easy dog treat, these small berries are rich in antioxidants and Vitamin C. People food that dogs love too!
4. Dehydrated sweet potatoes. Peel sweet potatoes and slice them thin, then dry them either in a food dehydrator or in your oven. Your dog will love this crunchy sweet treat and it’s a great source of Vitamins A and C, manganese, and fibre.
5. Watermelon. A cool slice of juicy watermelon can be a nice easy treat for your dog. Watermelon is rich in Vitamin C and lycopene.
What is your dog's favorite easy treat? Let us know in the comments section.