Compost Pet Poo for Organic Fertilizer

Compost Pet Poo for Organic Fertilizer
Because landfills are so 20th Century...


When life gives you dog poo, make organic fertilizer. At least that’s what NatureMill would have us do. And why not? Unlike traditional backyard composting, NatureMill’s composter (made from recycled and recyclable materials) is pet-poo-friendly because it heats 140 degrees, making it safe to compost the tradionally uncompostable (meat, fish, and, yes, dog poo). And it requires next to no effort. Essentially, all you have to do is drop in the poo, along with any other organic materials, such as kitchen scraps like coffee grounds, dairy, veggie peelings, fish or meat. The computerized composter takes care of the rest for you through a quiet, odour-free process of mixing, moisturizing, and heating. Approximately two weeks later, 70 percent of the initial waste has disappeared into thin air while the remaining 30 percent has gone from greasy bacon to flower food. Hurrah! It’s equipped to handle up to 120 pounds of waste per month so if you have a Great Dane (with great big, er, deposits), it’s no worries! The composter fits easily under your kitchen sink (though if you'll be composting dog waste in addition to kitchen scraps, placement in your patio is recommended because of the poo factor) and requires only a standard electrical outlet, making the NatureMill decidedly non-lifestyle-cramping. Plus, NatureMill uses only 5kwh of energy per month—less than a garbage truck would burn in fuel to haul the same waste. All in all, for $235, the whiz kids behind this San Francisco-born invention have given us a great alternative to contributing to the landfill. Both your conscience and the environment will cheer.

Add a comment

Comments (11)

Wow, marvelous blog layout! How long have you been running
a blog for? you make blogging glance easy. The full
glance of your website is great, as smartly as the content material!
Tue, 07/17/2018 - 10:14
I saw a lot of website but I conceive this one holds something special in it.
Tue, 08/14/2018 - 07:36
Give prospects information and things tend to be worth their
interest. My name was replaced with someone else's name and links
were removed. Use a rose print paper and include quotes
about roses.
Mon, 10/08/2018 - 04:01
Sweet website, super style and design, rattling clean and apply
Tue, 10/16/2018 - 09:36
I'm amazed, I must say. Rarely do I come across a blog that's both
equally educative and interesting, and without a
doubt, you've hit the nail on the head. The issue is something that too few folks are speaking intelligently about.

Now i'm very happy I came across this during my hunt
for something regarding this.
Tue, 08/21/2018 - 05:39
I'm not sure where you are getting your info, but great topic.

I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more.
Thanks for excellent information I was looking for this information for my mission.
Mon, 09/10/2018 - 22:41
I'd like to find out more? I'd love to find out more details.
Tue, 09/25/2018 - 19:44
Wow, marvelous blog layout! How long have you been blogging
for? you make blogging look easy. The overall look of
your web site is magnificent, as well as the content!
Thu, 09/27/2018 - 05:27
Undeniably believe that which you said. Your favorite justification seemed to be on the
web the easiest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get irked while
people think about worries that they just don't know about.
You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out
the whole thing without having side effect , people can take a
signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks
Mon, 10/15/2018 - 18:38
This is very interesting, You're a very skilled blogger.
I've joined your feed and look forward to seeking
more of your great post. Also, I've shared your site in my social networks!
Wed, 09/26/2018 - 23:53
Hey, you used to write wonderful, but the last several posts have been kinda boring...
I miss your super writings. Past few posts are
just a little out of track! come on!
Thu, 10/11/2018 - 03:26


Dog of the Week!

Meet: Giacomo