DIY Craft - Floral Collar Wraps
Move over bow ties, this one’s for the girls! These gorgeous floral collar adornments are so easy and affordable to make you’ll want to whip one up for every special occasion (ahem, weddings!). And the best part? No sewing is required and they only take about 10 minutes to put together! Once you’re done, simply wrap your finished floral collar adornment around your dog’s collar by securing the Velcro straps together. These collar adornments are light enough that your pooch won’t realize she’s wearing it yet thick enough to stay in place. Feel free to get creative with different sizes, colours, combinations, and arrangements. You’ll be hooked, I promise. I’ve already made a whole slew of them for my pup Coco Bean and her doggie friends. Let’s get started!
• A variety of coloured felt sheets
• Hot glue gun
• Velcro squares (with sticky backs)
1. Cut four equally sized circles out of a sheet of felt. The blossom pictured was made using 2.5-inch circles, but you can choose how large or small you want your blossom to be.
2. Place a line of hot glue down the center of your first circle and fold it in half, pressing firmly to secure.
3. Once folded in half, place another line of glue and fold it in half again, and repeat for a third time. You should now have a small cone shaped ruffle. 4. Repeat the same steps with your remaining three circles until you have four cone shaped ruffles.
5. Once you have all four completed, glue them together in a bunch with all seams facing inward.
1. Cut a circle out of a sheet of felt. The size of the circle will depend on the desired size of the rose—totally up to you! The roses pictured were made using 2.5, 3.5, and 5-inch circles.
2. Cut a spiral starting from the outside of the circle.
3. Once you have your spiral, start with the inside tip and begin to wrap around until you have a rose bud.
4. Hot glue the end of the wrap to secure the flower.
1. Once you have your flowers made, combine them into the desired arrangement and secure together with hot glue. Add a couple small leafs also cut from felt to complete the arrangement.
2.To make the strap, measure how much felt is need to encircle your dog’s collar, adding additional length to allow the Velcro squares to overlap. Cut a strip of felt this length and 1 to 2 inches wide. (Feel free to cut wider if you have a larger collar and/or floral arrangement.)
3. Using hot glue, secure your arrangement to the center of the felt strap.
4. Place your sticky Velcro squares on opposite ends (one on the front side at the top and one of the backside at the bottom).
5. Wrap around your dog’ favourite collar and enjoy!