Hotel Penn Gears Up For the 2014 Westminster Dog Show
As host hotel for the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, New York’s Hotel Pennsylvania is already gearing up to cater to the canine clientele for the 2014 event. The World’s Most ‘Pup-ular’ Hotel will once again be offering over the top treatment and is expecting this year to be better than ever.
The 138th Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show takes place on February 10th and 11th, 2013 with only the Breed judging and benching at Piers 92/94. The Westminster Kennel Club has arranged shuttle buses to transport exhibitors and spectators directly from the Hotel Pennsylvania to Piers 92/94 throughout each day – visit www.hotelpenn.com for details. The Groups, Junior Showmanship Finals and important Best In Show will still be held at Madison Square Garden, directly across from New York’s Hotel Pennsylvania.
“While most might be relaxing during these dog days of summer, we’re taking a ‘paws’ to gear up for the VIP’s (Very Important Pooches),” said Jim Flynn, General Manager/All Dogs’ Best Friend at the Hotel. “Our perfect location and exclusive amenities are a treat for all Westminster hopefuls.”
New York’s Hotel Pennsylvania is the only hotel for Westminster competitors and they know it. From ‘pup’tual Westminster wedding ceremonies to hosting an annual Pet Fashion Show, the 2012 Pet Friendly Hotel of the Year always goes the extra mile. To prepare for this special occasion, the property is planning to set up a variety of exclusive onsite daily events and amenities to coincide with the Show exclusively for guests, including:
- Direct shuttle bus service for Dog Show exhibitors and spectators from the Hotel to Piers 92/94 each day (courtesy of Westminster).
- Exclusive welcome package for Westminster guests.
- A live Westminster Kennel Club broadcast satellite feed from the Hotel’s Lobby on the morning of February 7th.
- Hosting the largest in-door doggie spa in all of New York, the 1st In-Line, Inc. sponsored Green Room Salon, Spa and Canine Gym offers a variety of amenities for Show participants: bathing/beauty parlor/salon, dog grooming/comfort station, exercise/fitness area, animal acupuncture, walking area, and even his and hers relieving area.
- Hosting the 2014 New York Pet Fashion Show Presents “The Crown Jewels of Fashion and Rescue” taking place on Friday, February 7th; starting at 7 pm EST.
- Hosting a live three-hour radio broadcast of the popular pet show Talkin’ Pets with Jon Patch on February 8th from 5 pm to 8 pm EST.
- Our exclusive on-site Doggie Concierge will be working hard to attend to all canine requirements (such as ‘pup’arazzi interviews and hotel tours) related to the Westminster Dog Show.
- The Paw Mall, located at the Dog S’paw’, will feature all the latest accessories and gifts for both owners and pets to enjoy, from jewelry to pet clothing.
…and so much more! Visit hotelpenn.com for full details.
New York’s Hotel Pennsylvania is offering unbeatable room rates for Westminster guests with dogs and those without dogs. To stay at the host hotel where all the Westminster Dog Show action happens, contact 212-736-5000 (locally) or 800-223-8585 (toll-free) or visit www.hotelpenn.com today.
Note to media contacts: For interviews and photo opportunities, please contact Jerry Grymek, LMA Communications Inc. at 1-800-387-1399/416-440-2500, Cell: 416-918-2043, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Westminster is the oldest, continuous sporting event in America, with the exception of the Kentucky Derby. The Dog Show is the most prestigious of National Dog Shows and has been held every year despite power shortages, hazardous weather conditions, economic depressions and World Wars.
Add a comment
More From This Author
How Dogs Love Us: a Neuroscientist and his Adopted Dog Decode the Canine Brain By Gregory Berns...
Pussy & Pooch Pethouse and Pawbar® (www.pussyandpooch.com), the ultimate pet lifestyle...
Our dogs are very much part of the family that it doesn’t make sense to leave them at home when...