DIY Eat - Mix & Match Dog Treats
Step 1: Choose your add-in (choose just one)
- 1/2 c sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 1/2 c tuna or salmon
- 1/2 c canned or cooked pumpkin, puréed
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/2 c sardines mashed
Have too-ripe bananas stored in the freezer? Thaw one to use in this recipe! (Peel bananas & throw them in a Ziplock bag before freezing for ease of use)
Step 2: Choose your healthy flavour booster (choose 1 - 2)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 Tbsp shredded, unsweetened coconut (soaked for 1 hour)
- 1 tsp chia seed (soaked for 1 hour)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
Step 3: Mix 2 cups all-purpose flour (or one cup whole wheat and one cup all-purpose if preferred), 1 egg, your choice of add-in and healthy flavour booster in a large bowl.
Step 4: Roll mixture into 1 - 2" balls and place onto lightly oiled baking sheet. Press flat with a fork if desired.
Step 5: Bake at 325° F for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom.
Step 6: Cool and share! Store in an airtight container. Treats will keep for up to a week (freeze any extras).