DIY Eat: Dreamsicle!
What You'll Need:
1 Small Cantaloupe
Packed with Vitamin A and beta carotene, the antioxidants in cantaloupe help prevent cell damage in dogs and fights premature aging and inflammation.
- ¼ Cup Coconut Milk (100% Organic)
*Makes 20 Treat Cubes or use it to stuff your dog’s Kong before freezing!
To add even more flavour, add in some diced strawberries to your mixture. (Another handy hint—make two batches, sweetening one with agave or honey before freezing in a popsicle mold to make a frozen treat for yourself while you’re at it! Sweet one for you, unsweetened for your dog!—Ed.)
- Wash cantaloupe under cold running water. Cut the cantaloupe in half then use a large spoon to scoop out and discard all the seeds. Place melon halves onto a chopping board flat half down and cut into small slices ensuring all the skin is removed.
- Add cantaloupe and coconut milk to blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour mixture into ice cube trays and freeze for a minimum of 4 hours or until frozen through.
- When frozen, remove from ice cube trays and store in labeled Ziploc bags in freezer.
For more delicious, frozen dog treat recipes, check out Frozen: Fresh & Fruity Dog Treats—30 Fresh & Fruity Dog Treat Recipes Your Pup Will Love! Download the ebook ($15) filled with easy-to-follow recipes and beautiful photos at prettyfluffy.com/shop. We guarantee you’re going to want to make everything!